GraphicsMedia.Net is a non-profit international organization founded in 2010 that coordinates the activities of research and development, the technology transfer and the exploitation in Computer Graphics, Multimodal-Multimedia Technologies, Visual Interactive Digital Media and 3D Video Technologies.
The members of GraphicsMedia.net are international institutions with a focus in applied research and basic research. These are independent applied R&D institutes (public/private), R&D units of multinational companies and multinational hi-tech technology transfer companies.
The members are located in Germany, Spain, France, Portugal, Panama and China, employing more than 700 full time researchers and over than 350 assistants/students. The network aggregates an overall project volume of approximately 225 M€ and disseminates research results in large number of publications in high ranking international journals and conferences.
As Chief Executive Officer (CEO), Jürgen Bund leads and administers the organization. GraphicsMedia.net’s headquarters are located in Kaiserslautern (in the premises of the German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence, DFKI).
GraphicsMedia.net's Supervisory Board includes the following representatives:
- Dr. Jorge Posada (President); Vicomtech; San Sebastián, Spain
- Prof. Dr. Didier Stricker (Vice President); German Research Center for Artificial Intelligence (DFKI); Kaiserslautern, Germany
- Iván Vallarino; Mivtech; Panama City, Panama
- Dr. Laurent Lucat; The French Alternative Energies and Atomic Energy Commission (CEA) - LIST institute; Saclay (Paris); France
- Prof. Dr. Peter Eisert; Fraunhofer Institute for Telecommunications - Heinrich Hertz Institute (HHI); Berlin, Germany
- Prof. Dr. Jürgen Döllner; Hasso Plattner Institute for Digital Engineering (HPI); Potsdam, Germany
- Dr. Cui Yan; Chinese-German Artificial Intelligence Institute (CGAII); Zhuhai, China